The GUMC Finance office also maintains a Basecamp group for the GUMC Administrators. Please contact Melany Barrett to inquire.
GUMC Administrators' Monthly Meeting Calendar
Please note: All meetings are located monthly every 2nd Wednesday from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM in the Warwick Evans Conference Room in Building D, unless otherwise communicated.
Monthly meetings are a resource for updates and announcements for GUMC administrators. In the past, we've had representatives from Financial Affairs, Research Compliance and HR among others, who have discussed new policies and prodedures, upates to existing guidelines, as well as providing information on topics pertinent to financial management, research administration management, budget analysis and hiring compensation.
As Administrators, we play an integral role in the development and management of department and sector budgets each fiscal year. As an extension of our responsibility to meet our FY15 goals, we are asking administrators to consider the following, wherever possible, when approving requests:
- Postpone hires or delay vacant position recruitment;
- Limit membership to professional societies;
- Approve travel only when the participation is as an invited speaker/presenter or when allowed on funded projects;
- Limit meals for meetings held during normal business hours (e.g. $150-$200 threshold);
- Advise Chief of Staff, Dept Chairs and Deans that staff/faculty parties are limited to one per year (e.g. end of year or holiday, but not both); and
- Review procard spending reports and adjust limits for single purchase and/or travel accordingly.
Thank you for keeping these guidelines in mind - your diligence and support makes GUMC's work possible.