The GUMC Finance office also maintains a Basecamp group for the GUMC Administrators. Please contact Melany Barrett to inquire.
GUMC and Uniform Guidance
Resources related to Uniform Guidance at Georgetown University are located on the working group's webpage. For questions and general resources on adhering to Uniform Guidance for new and incrementally funded awards issued on or after December 26, 2014, please follow this link.
GUMC Administrators' Monthly Meeting Calendar
note: location is always the Warwick-Evans Conference Room in Building D
October 10, 2014 - 10am-11am
November 12, 2014 - 10am-11am
December 10, 2014 - 10am-11am
January 14, 2015 - 10am-11am
February 11, 2015 - 10am-11am
March 11, 2015 - 10am-11am
April 8, 2015 - 10am-11am
May 6, 2015 - 10am-11am
June 10, 2015 - 10am-11am
As Administrators, we play an integral role in the development and management of department and sector budgets each fiscal year. As an extension of our responsibility to meet our FY15 goals, we are asking administrators to consider the following, wherever possible, when approving requests:
- Postpone hires or delay vacant position recruitment;
- Limit membership to professional societies;
- Approve travel only when the participation is as an invited speaker/presenter or when allowed on funded projects;
- Limit meals for meetings held during normal business hours (e.g. $150-$200 threshold);
- Advise Chief of Staff, Dept Chairs and Deans that staff/faculty parties are limited to one per year (e.g. end of year or holiday, but not both); and
- Review procard spending reports and adjust limits for single purchase and/or travel accordingly.
Thank you for keeping these guidelines in mind - your diligence and support makes GUMC's work possible.