Guidelines & Policies
General Policies & Procedures
Research & Gift Administration Policies & Procedures
- Memo: Executive Level II – Salary Cap Memo
- GUMC New Gift and Endowment Workflow
- Policy – PostDoctoral NIH NRSA Trainees
Research Subject Payments
Payment of Research Subjects at GUMC can occur through one of three mechanisms at GUMC: cash, gift card or check. For general information on research payments, please refer to the payment policy below. For information on requesting gift cards for your research participants, please refer to the GUMC Gift Card and Administration Policy located on the GUMC ProCard and Procurement page. For information on requesting a check from the
Clinical Research Operations Office.
At Risk Cost Centers
The At Risk Cost Center process uses Box. Please see User Guide – Tasking Via Box for details.
GUMC ASA, Lump Sum and PSA Requests
MedStar employees support research and educational efforts across GUMC. We currently have two mechanisms to compensate MedStar for that effort — an Administrative Services Agreement (ASA) and a Personal Services Agreement (PSA). The ASA mechanism is used when payment will be charged to institutional worktags (e.g. departmental funds or gifts). The PSA mechanism is used when payment will be charged to grant worktags (e.g. GR123456).
To request payment using one of these mechanisms, please download the relevant form below, and follow the instructions for submission.
- GUMC ASA and Lump Sum Request Form
- GUMC PSA Request Form
- GUMC Workflow – ASA, Lump Sum and PSA payments
Other Policies & Procedures
Faculty Recognition Awards
- Faculty Research Recognition Award Policy
- Faculty Research Recognition Awards – Frequently Asked Questions
Revenue Generating Service Agreements
- Medical Center Procedure — Revenue-Generating Service Agreements
- Medical Center Template — Revenue-Generating Service Agreements
As part of budgeting efforts, medical center funded travel should be limited to invited speakers/presenters, and grant- or gift-funded travel.
- GUMC Business Travel Policy (operational guide -supersedes Policy# FA-112)
- Business Travel Policy
- Spend Authorization Procedures
NOTE: Effective January 18, 2017, the Spend Authorization functionality within GMS should be followed. Pre-Travel Authorization forms will no longer be accepted.
For Georgetown University faculty, staff, and students traveling abroad, Georgetown’s Global Assistance Program provides travel assistance along with medical and security evacuation services and travel medical insurance information. Georgetown travelers can also access travel reports and manually register their travel online through Georgetown’s International SOS Portal.