Posted in Staff Spotlight
September 21, 2021
UIS Account Manager
- How long have you worked at GUMC?
24 years with UIS but the last 6 to 7 at GUMC.
- What led you to your position here at GUMC?
Working with people to solve problems with technology.
- In your role, how do you interact with the GUMC community?
I help them with solving current but more importantly the problems that can occur with technology and their service providers.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
Helping people simplify the tools they need for their job.
- What is a skill you have that might surprise people?
I have a pretty extensive background in culinary arts and I play music (bass).
- What did you learn about yourself as a professional during the pandemic?
Work can be done from anywhere, but I still prefer in-person interact when possible.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
Cook for family and friends.
- What is your greatest achievement (personal or professional)?
Home and family
- What is the best lesson you have learned from working at GUMC?
We think of the human body as one very simple thing. But when I look at the sheer amount of disciplines with medicine, I am still amazed at how many there are.