Posted in Staff Spotlight
- How long have you worked at GUMC?
- What led you to your position here at GUMC?
I was unemployed. I came to GUMC through a temp agency and my current supervisor. She was impressed by my performance and offered me the job. I also love the people, the benefits, and the opportunity to be a part of the GUMC community.
- In your role, how do you interact with the GUMC community?
I interact with all of my colleagues through being the assistant operation manager and assisting with finance questions.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy working with numbers, and in the near future I plan on becoming a financial consultant/advisor.
- What is a skill you have that might surprise people?
I am studying to become a Christian Clown.
- What did you learn about yourself as a professional during the pandemic?
I learned to be more compassionate and more sensitive to people’s needs. I also did an inventory of myself, my attitude and behavior.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
I like watching music videos and reading.
- What is your greatest achievement (personal or professional)?
My greatest achievement in life is being a single mother raising a son, and as a professional is building relationships.
- What is the best lesson you have learned from working at GUMC?
The best lesson that I have learned working at GUMC is to have more faith and confidence in myself.