Posted in Staff Spotlight
January 27, 2023
Senior Business Manager, Georgetown University School of Nursing
- How long have you worked at Georgetown?
My first day at Georgetown was January 1, 2023.
- What led you to your position here at GUMC?
After a career in a public research university (UMD) where I managed research units, I sought a new role in academia. I am excited about joining the School of Nursing with new goals and opportunities.
- In your role, how do you interact with the GUMC community?
As the new senior business manager at the School of Nursing, I interact daily with faculty and staff across campus, both online or in person, to manage finance, administration processes, and facilities.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
Nurses play a valuable role throughout our lives and society at large. For that reason, I enjoy and value providing our faculty and students an efficient and balanced work and educational environment.
- What is a skill you have that might surprise people?
I have a very good ear, meaning that I can discern sounds that most can’t.
- What did you learn about yourself as a professional during the pandemic?
I learned that we all have a very different approach to critical matters that impact each of us directly. Collaboration is necessary to bring balance in the workplace.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
I am an audiophile, spending a lot of time listening to music and looking for that special piece of audio component. I also enjoy skiing and playing tennis.
- What is your greatest achievement (personal or professional)?
My family life for sure!
- What is the best lesson you have learned from working at GUMC?
Specific values are at work every day for the better.