Posted in Staff Spotlight
January 13, 2023
Assistant Dean, School of Health
- How long have you worked at Georgetown?
Almost two months
- What led you to your position here at GUMC?
What led me to my position here was the opportunity to work directly with students in a leadership capacity and help them achieve their personal and professional goals.
- In your role, how do you interact with the GUMC community?
In my role, I will liaise with campus partners to connect students with services that will help them with their distinctive needs. Additionally, I will represent the school on various committees, projects and events.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy being part of a team that is genuinely dedicated to helping students achieve their academic goals and facilitating their growth.
- What did you learn about yourself as a professional during the pandemic?
The pandemic has profoundly impacted the way I perceive time and given me opportunities to reassess the way I use it. It helped me to prioritize the things that matter the most.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
I love to cook and try out new recipes, travel and spend time with family and friends.
- What is your greatest achievement (personal or professional)?
A professional achievement that I value is having contributed to a diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) space in higher education. I was involved with committee work and honored with an inclusive excellence award at my previous institution. I believe it is vital to observe matters through a DEI lens in all aspects of our work.
- What is the best lesson you have learned from working at GUMC?
While I have not been at GUMC for very long, I will say that I am looking forward to promising connections at GUMC as we embark on the new year and spring 2023 semester.