Research Development Services (RDS) provides assistance to GUMC faculty, students and staff in identifying sponsored research funding opportunities, developing sponsored research grant, cooperative agreement proposals and contract budgets and application packages in accordance with sponsor and University requirements. RDS staff members also route the required proposal documents necessary for institutional review and approval in GU PASS.
Some top sources of biomedical research funding are listed below. Additional information and resources are available through the Dahlgren Memorial Library (DML) under Health Sciences: The Research Process and DML datbases, journals and other Resources.
Federal Agency Links
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Department of Defense (DOD) Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Foundations & Associations
Georgetown University corporate & Foundation Relations (CFR)
Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) in the Office of Advancement serves as a university-wide liaison to coordinate and facilitate communications with corporate, foundation, and association donors. CFR provides comprehensive support to university programs, departments, faculty, and administrators as they pursue philanthropic grants and partnerships.