Some top sources of biomedical research funding are listed below to assist Medical Center investigators and staff as they identify sponsored research funding opportunities. Additional information and resources are available through the Dahlgren Memorial Library (DML) under Health Sciences: The Research Process and Resources and Services for MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. For additional assistance, contact Doreen Robinson in the Office of Sponsored Research (email@example.com, 202-687-1390) or Michele Malloy in the DML (firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-687-1783).
Federal Agency Links
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Department of Defense (DOD) Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Foundations & Associations
Georgetown University Office of Foundation Relations (OFR)
The Office of Foundation Relations (OFR) can assist investigators in exploring funding opportunities from private foundations with such services as research on foundations, application preparation and review and submission to the sponsor.